Clockwise from top left: Loewe, Celine, Roger Vivier, Mulberry, Tod’s and Marc Jacobs
Its not often that a catwalk trend is stylish and practical at the same time, which is probably why every brand out there is embracing crossbody bags this summer. These are different to messengers because they are less bulky, lightweight and easy to carry. Plus they look stylish slung across your torso. Crossbodies are ideal for travelling because your hands are left free to carry all your shopping (essential for me!) While bright colours are great for the summer, its worth investing in a neutral style that will match anything. Below are some of my top picks this season.
1) Loewe Flamenco bag (HK$14,000 to HK$16,000): I am a sucker for butter soft leather and no one does it better than Loewe. New for the summer, this drawstring style is fun and comes with a tassel detail that’s bang on trend. Choose from a range of fun rainbow shades including orange, purple and blue. Available at Loewe, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong, tel: +852 2522 0996.
2) Celine Solo Trip bag (HK$6,100): Sure to be another best-seller, this minimalist style is understated and practical and I love the chic red colour. It’s made up of three separate zipper pouches that snap together – take it apart and use them for essentials, or wear one as an evening clutch (trend alert!) Actually its perfect for holiday as its 3 items in 1! Available at Celine, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong, tel: +852 2525 1281.
3) Roger Vivier Micro Metro bag(HK$11,000): This miniature version of brand’s best-selling Metro bag comes is suede and features colour blocks of beige, purple and orange, making it super stylish. It’s available in solid colours as well. Available at Roger Vivier, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong, tel: +852 2810 8690.
4) Mulberry Postman’s Lock Camera Bag (HK$8,050): While I own and love Mulberry’s Alexa bag, it is very heavy. I am now eyeing this vintage inspired camera bag for its cool retro factor. Available at Mulberry, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, TST, Hong Kong, tel: +852 2956 0830.
5) Mini D bag from Tod’s (HK$9,800): I saw someone wearing this the other day and it was love at first site. The brand has successful downsized its popular D bag into a mini version that is adorable and stylish at the same time. Available at Tod’s, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong, tel: +852 2810 8692.
6) Marc Jacobs Ginger Crossbody (HK$4,690): Add some colour to your spring wardrobe with this wallet cum bag that comes with card slots and pockets. It’s great for a night out on the town and is available in neutral shades as well. Available at Marc Jacobs, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong, tel: +852 2523 3324.