Colourtastic bags by (from top left clockwise): Proenza Schouler, Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, Celine, Pierre Hardy and Yves Saint Laurent
For those of you who couldn’t get enough of autumn’s colour block trend, I have good news – it’s back this spring. While experimenting with clothes can often turn into a disaster, the easiest way to work this look is with your accessories. Day-glo colours are in, so go for bright styles that will add punch to any outfit. Here are a few of our favourites…
1) Pierre Hardy clutch: I love the bright colours on this neoprene bag. A thick white trim and the neoprene fabric give it a sporty vibe which is bang on trend this season. It also comes with a gunmetal chain strap for easy carrying.
2) Lanvin Happy shoulder bag: I’ve been admiring Lanvin’s bags for the past few seasons and this shape is easy-to-wear and practical. The yellow/nude combination is gorgeous and means you can match it with almost any outfit.
3) Yves Saint Laurent Muse Two bag: This style is perfect for women who shy away from bright colours. It will also last for seasons because the blue/tan combination is classic. The patent leather finishings provide a nice contrast.
4) Marc Jacobs’ Brighton bag: I am obsessed with hands free styles, so I had to include this practical crossbody bag. It’s made from supersoft nappa and has edgy gold hardware for a retro-inspired look.
5) Celine diamond bag: I first spotted this bag at Paris Fashion Week last October and knew I had to have it. It’s a retro take on the classic envelope bag thanks to its patchwork of bold primary colours.
6) Proenza Schouler PS11 Mini Classic: Any handbag with Proenza Schouler on it becomes an immediate sell-out and this is no exception. Aside from the sweet colour combination (pastels are in) I love the details such as the adjustable shoulder strap and stud hardware.